Writing new AI code in C++ within the framework of Rebellion’s proprietary engine AI systems. You will also be maintaining and extending existing code. You will join an existing gameplay team and the AI code you will write will form part of the overall gameplay AI. As you will be joining an experienced game team who work efficiently and quickly on cutting-edge technology, you will be expected to keep up with the rest of the team and learn new skills as you work.
Experience & Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the games industry working on a major console and successfully implementing AI techniques into a game. Exceptional candidates who can demonstrate a personal project incorporating AI algorithms will also be considered. We’re also looking for a First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other computing-related subject. Candidates without this but who have at least 3 years’ of professional computer games programming experience will also be considered.
– Working with the Rebellion code team and designers to implement cutting-edge, intuitive artificial intelligence solutions for next-gen gameplay
– Communicating with designers, artists and other coders to ensure AI satisfies game design and quality
– Writing robust and maintainable code and maintaining code performance through profiling and optimization
– Excellent knowledge of C++ in a game environment
– Knowledge of current computer games
– Knowledge of AI techniques (FSMs, path finding, etc)
– Ability to structure and build a large system with others, ability to work on a system from conception to completion
– Strong communications skills
– Ability to learn new systems and concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently