Rebellion Oxford are now looking for an excellent ActionScript 3 programmer to join our growing web technology game team, based at the headquarters of our main console development studio. We need someone to help develop and improve our Flash browser-based games, writing clean, stable and well-abstracted reusable object-oriented code.
Please send examples of your commercial or non-commercial products – for example a personal portfolio – that you have developed in AS3 along with a code sample.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are ideally looking for 1-5 years’ experience working in Flash and AS development. A strong academic background is also preferred, with a degree in computer science, mathematics, science or similar. Games industry experience is not essential but any commercial or hobby experience in building browser-based games would definitely be a bonus.
– Develop and implement new game features and APIs based on design specifications provided
– Review coding to ensure it is error free, debugging, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability
– Catalogue and save your work in an organized manner for efficient use by others
– Stay up-to-date with changing technologies, quickly learning and implementing new skills to benefit Rebellion
– Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
– Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working alongside artists, designers and other coders
– Work well under pressure, multi-tasking to meet various production objectives and deadlines in a fast-paced development environment, sometimes for multiple projects
– Excellent Flash, ActionScript 3.0 and Object Oriented Programming
– Excellent knowledge of object-oriented techniques and writing modular object-oriented AS3 code with strong architectural and debugging skills
– Experience using 3D in Flash, for example APIs (eg Molehill, Stage3D, etc) and/or graphics engines (eg Away3D, Flare3D, etc)
– Ability to develop applications with strong knowledge of optimization for performance / memory, Flash client to server communication and compatibility across browsers and platforms
– Strong analytical, creative problem solving and communication skills
– Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
– Familiarity with Flash Develop or similar open source software
– Understanding of the full life cycle software development process and ability to follow technical designs and specifications
– A genuine interest in playing games
– Working knowledge of any of the following would also be a bonus: other OOP programming languages (eg JAVA, C, C++, Objective C, etc); integrating animations, videos and/or audio; use of source code and asset control systems (eg Perforce, etc)